Setting Open and Close Dates on Tests in Blackboard
Blackboard allows you to control when your tests become available to students. Setting the display after and display until time will allow you to choose the dates and times the test is available.
1. Login to Blackboard and enter your course.
2. Go to Course Materials and locate the test you would like to modify.
Note: You cannot perform this edit through Test Manager.
3. Click EDIT VIEW (see below).
4. Click Modify.
5. Click Modify the Test options.
6. In Make the link available, select Yes (see below).
Note: This must be set to Yes to use the open and close dates.
7. Check the Display After box (see below).
8. From the dropdown menus, set the date and time you want the test to display. .
9. Select the Display Until box (see below).
Note: If you do not check this box, the test will remain open.
10. From the dropdown menus, set the date and time you want the test to “Display Until”.
11. (Recommended) Ensure the Force Completion box is unchecked (see below).
Note: This is recommended because if the student loses their Internet connection (this often happens when using wireless) they will be unable to submit the test.
12. Click Submit.