Providing Feedback Using the Assignment Feature
1. Login and enter the course.
2. On the left side of the screen, click Control Panel.
3. Under Assessment, click Grade Center. You should see the spreadsheet for adding student grades. If a student has submitted an assignment through the assignment feature, there will be an exclamation point in the appropriate spreadsheet column.
4. To access the assignment, place your mouse over the appropriate box and click the drop down arrow that appears.
5. Click Grade Details.
6. Click View Attempt to see what the student has submitted.
Note: If you would like to allow the student to resubmit the assignment, you may click Clear Attempt.
7. Review the student comments and, if there is a file submitted in the User's Work section, click the file name to open in.
8. Under Feedback to User, in the Grade field, type the grade for the assignment.
9. Under Feedback to User, in the Comments field, type any feedback to send to the student. You may also send an edited version of the student's file with feedback by clicking Browse...
10. (Optional) Under Instructor Notes in the Notes field, type any reference notes. These notes are only seen by the instructor.
11. Click Submit to process the feedback and grade. The grade will now show in both the instructor Grade Center and the student's My Grades section.
12. (Recommended) Send the student an email notifying him or her that the grade is now available for viewing in the student's Blackboard account.
13. Click OK. Click Submit and OK again to complete the grade submission.