Setting Up SafeAssign in Blackboard
Note: SafeAssign is used in conjunction with Blackboard and is designed to detect plagiarism in student papers that are submitted online. This help file is designed to help you set up SafeAssign on your Blackboard page. For help on using SafeAssign to review assignments, see the Using SafeAssign to Review Assignments help file.
Adding SafeAssign to Blackboard
1. Go to the Control Panel for your course. Under the Content Areas heading select the content area you would like to add SafeAssign to by clicking it.
3. Click Go. A new page should load with the title Add SafeAssignment.
4. Add the name of the assignment to the Name field.
5. Add the total number of possible points to the Points Possible field.
Note: There needs to be some value in this field, but 0.0 is an acceptable entry.
6. (Optional) You can also add instructions to the Instructions field and change the setting at the bottom of the page to better fit your assignment.
7. Click Submit. A screen should appear confirming that you added SafeAssign.
8. Click OK.
SafeAssign should now appear in the Content Areas and there should be a new column in your grade book.