Adding an Assignment Using the Assignment Feature
This help page explains how to add assignments with the assignment feature. It assumes you have an instructor account.
1. Login and enter the course.
2. On the left side of the screen, click Control Panel.
3. In the Content Areas section, click the area in which you wish to include the assignment. This area is often named Submit Assignments and is the area where the students will go to submit their work.
4. In the upper right corner, click on the down arrow next to + Select and select the item Assignment.
5. Click Go.
6. Click the Name field and enter your assignment name.
Note: You may wish to choose short names in order to minimize scrolling in the spreadsheet view of your Grade Center.
7. Click in the Points Possible field and enter the number of points for the assignment.
8. Click in the Instructions field and enter you instructions for the students.
9. (Optional) In the Options area, modify the options to fit your assignment.
Note: If you want the assignment to be available immediately with no end date then there is no need to modify this area.
10. Click Submit to add the assignment. The assignment should now show in both the Instructor Grade Center and the Student's My Grades section. Click OK.