ITDS Prior Learning Option
Finish what you started!
Adult Degree Completion
If your career started before college, we have a program that will help you attain the opportunities that come with a baccalaureate degree.
Prior Learning Option
Eastern Washington University has been awarding credit for prior learning through the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies Portfolio Assessment Program since 1979. Students participating in this program are able to utilize their career experiences toward elective credits in their Interdisciplinary Studies degree. The process to have career experiences evaluated is done by enrolling in the ITDS 300 Portfolio Development course which guides you through the development of your portfolio.
Eastern's Department of Interdisciplinary Studies provides opportunities for you to have your previous college course work (from any accredited institution) reviewed to determine exactly how close you may be to your baccalaureate degree. The program also allows you the autonomy to design your own 60-credit upper division emphasis.
Our Interdisciplinary Studies staff are available to examine your college records and provide you with recommendations for successful completion of that degree you have always wanted to finish.
How to Enroll
- Design a degree program to meet your specific goals and objectives. This commonly includes coursework toward:
- Minors or certificates – Business, Communication Studies, Alcohol and Drug Studies, Public Relations, etc.
- Pre-professional programs – Pre-MBA, Law School, Doctoral, etc.
- Graduate programs – Master of Social Work, Master of Science Communication Studies, Master of Fine Arts, Master in Teaching, Applied Psychology, Guidance and Counseling, etc.
- Call 509.359.2402 to schedule a meeting with an Interdisciplinary Studies advisor.
Yes, I'm Interested
Our "Yes, I'm Interested" form can help you stay informed or ask questions about the ITDS Prior Learning Option at Eastern Washington University.