IFS Reading List
- ART 199A - All sections
Beall-Fofana. Barbara A. Understanding the Art Museum. Pearson / Prentice Hall, 2007.
- SOST 199E - All sections
SOST 196L - 3 credit option
Klyukanov, Igor. Principles of Intercultural Communication. Allyn & Bacon, 2004.
You are free to use any good source related to your travel country, as long as it is based on historical fact.
- Background Notes. Published by the U.S. Government Printing Office. Available online at the U.S. Department of State website.
- Culturgrams. Utah: Brigham Young University David M. Kennedy International Center, 1991. 801.378.6528.
- Area Handbooks for most countries, American University, 1996. Available from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7975.
- Axtell, Rodger E. Do's and Taboo's Around the World. Parker Pen Company, 1993. The ultimate guide to international behavior: verbal and non-verbal communication through humor.
- Fisher, Robert C. Fodor's Europe. This handbook of 35 European countries will assist the teacher/student during the pre-travel and travel phases of the program.
- Hilton, Lynn M. Focus on Europe Series, Illinois: National textbook Company. Handbook series. A comprehensive view of western Europe and its people.
- Tyre, Michelin. Michelin Travel Guides, London: Michelin Tyre Co. LTD. A European guidebook series.